but I am bound to make mistakes

January 9, 2007

Date #2.5

Lesson Learned: Know what an underwriter is and beware of anyone who asks scenarios questions.

Story: meet guy on-line. Sent me an e-mail and we corresponded. Met for coffee (it was good coffee). He wanted to apple cider (not a fan of apple cider, it make me sick) but they were out. Talked about Disneyland, Star Wars, Red Cross, being Jewish, Beauty and the Geek, the Economist, and oh yes... insurance. When I asked him point blank "do you consider yourself a geek?" he answered that he had geek qualities. He plays video games about once a day, and here is clincher: is looking for girls that have the 3 S's : smart, sexy, and sophisticated. Don't tell me that you moron, that is something you don't tell a girl on the first "date".

However, I did my best and f----- up royally (though apparently he didn't notice b/c he has decided that I warrant a second date). He asked if I have ever thought of a career in underwriting? I interrupted his question with a big NO but when he repeated his questions I answered (very seriously) "I don't like to write". IDIOT. Found out an hour later from my mother that underwriters do very little writing. Talk about poor titleage for your job.

Guess I don't fill the first S.

1 comment:

Koala said...

ha, fun story.. 3's S are rulezz!